A divorce can be a difficult and emotional experience. You may need to divide assets, determine custody or establish support for a spouse or child. These issues require the experience and knowledge of a skilled divorce attorney.
At Stanley E. Peacock, P.A., our Panama City Beach divorce attorney, Stan Peacock, represents clients who are facing divorce and other family-related matters. He is dedicated to protecting your rights and interests at every stage of your divorce, keeping you informed of developments in your case by phone, e-mail and regular mail.
Helping Clients Through Divorce
Whether you and your spouse agree on all of the terms of your divorce, need help reaching an agreement or need skilled representation at trial, Stan Peacock can help you. He guides clients through the divorce process and assists with matters involving:
- Division of marital assets and debts
- Child custody
- Child support
- Domestic violence issues
- Alimony or spousal support
If you have been through a divorce and need help with changing a court order, we can work to modify your custody or support orders. We also assist clients with enforcement of court orders for support, custody and visitation.
Callaway Military Divorce Attorney
If you or your spouse is on active duty at nearby Tyndall Air Force Base, the U.S. Navy Base in Panama City Beach or overseas, you need an attorney with experience handling military divorce issues. We understand the issues facing service members in a divorce, including:
- Jurisdiction issues: If you or your spouse is stationed in a different state or jurisdiction, it can be difficult to know which court should hear your divorce. We can help you determine the court that fits your situation and needs.
- Postponing the divorce or court action: Under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), formerly Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act (SSCRA), a civil action against a service member on active duty can be stayed, or postponed, in his or her absence. This can be helpful for a parent or spouse who is deployed overseas and unable to appear for a divorce hearing.
- Custody issues: Service members may be deployed overseas or need to move to a new jurisdiction. In these circumstances, we will work to protect your right to custody and visitation.
- Retirement benefits: A service member's pension can be divided in a divorce. We can help you understand your right to military retirement benefits and how they will be divided in your divorce.